Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Land God Gave to Cain.


I'm off to the Big Land. Heading to Labrador for a bit. I'll teach students workshops in photography. In the end, they hope to mount an exhibit about their community and present life style. I'm excited to see what they come up with.


I'll be in the southern part, so on a fine day I may be able to look back from this light house at Point Amour and see the northern most tip of my Island. This section of the coast has about a hundred km paved highway...and is only accessible by plane or ship. Strange I should mention this, as I come from an island, so the same can be said of it...even if Newfoundland is the tenth largest island in the world. Communications may be sketchy, as I have no real idea as to my schedule...but I will try to blog once or twice while I'm there. I love all parts of Labrador...as a photographer, it is breathtaking. As a kayaker, it is a place that dreams are made of...If I was a WW kayaker, I'd be in double trouble as you may guess from this scenic of the Pinware river.


I wasn't aware of any residents kayaking on this part of the coast....yet anyway. If this has changed, I'll see about getting out... I'll at least try for a boat trip, to check out the coastline and find some dolphins to hang with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison Dyer said...

Hi Jamie - hadn't realized you were in Labrador, only someone emailed wondering when you would be back. I'm in Goose again this weekend to give a workshop. Enjoy the sights of the big land. Alison

7:48 p.m.  
Blogger Michael said...

Hello as well! Great photos! I'll be checking in regularly now I've seen your blog!

5:38 p.m.  
Blogger WJM said...

even if Newfoundland is the tenth largest island in the world.

For some reason, there is a persistent myth in Newfoundland that Newfoundland is the tenth-largest island in the world.

It is not.

12:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home