Friday, November 17, 2006

Sea Kayak Foot Pumps


This Guzzler 400 foot pump is great. Even at a vertical position, this custom set-up clears twelve inches. I have it bolted forward of, and between the foot rests. As the distributer Harvey Rintoul knows, each kayak is different and everyone may have a preference for the intake position(btw...Harvey has modeled his own Strum Box). Next, where the outlet goes on the kayak hull. I have mine on the deck. Yes,...drilling the hole in the fiberglass hull takes ones breath away...words fail me...but scotch didn't.

Harvey will help you built a custom set up as for your requirements...as he has several models of pumps and all manner of fixings. I found him most patient and extremely helpful. He may be reached at hrintoul@handpumps.com

Sea kayaking is a whole other experience when you can pump out with both hands still on the paddle..

1 Comments:

Blogger ralph smith said...

hi jamie
i"m thinking you have the Guzzler 400 on your Norcapp LV. I take it you are quite pleased. I"m looking at installing one on my Norcapp LV. I have e-mailed Harvey Rintoul, I imagine he will know the materials needed.What was the delivery time frame.
Ralph Smith

5:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home