Tuesday, December 26, 2006

New Cave


On a hike today...yes, I had to work off that huge turkey dinner(thanks Mom!)...Anyway, Boxing day was cool and sunny, perfect for a hike. While on the East Coast trail, I looked a few hundred feet to the cliff below and discovered a sea cave...quite a large one at that. Maybe a hundred feet wide...and judging from the flushing of the ocean waves, maybe a couple of hundred feet in. I wonder what type of sea state day I should look out for to try this one.

I anyways loved to hike by the ocean, so seven years ago when I discovered sea kayaking, I liked it right away....I felt it was just like hiking, but on the other side of the waters edge. I still feel like that today. Often, as I kayak, I look around and realize a new place is where I should return to and try and hike...and as today, while hiking, I discovered a place I should get my kayak to.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison Dyer said...

happy christmas Jamie - saw your truck, wondered if you were about. i took the family on a hike up Manual's river to Conception Bay this boxing day - beautiful and lots of whitecaps on a dark blue bay.
so - where were you hiking today? alison

6:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home