Friday, February 23, 2007

Last Call


Posts have been slack as my father passed away at the beginning of the month. Apparently he expressed a wish to have some of his ashes spread over the sea. My father had an interest in military history as well as all things Naval. However, winter was not his favorite season...so I'll honour his wishes on one of the most hottest and sunniest days I can find this coming summer...from my kayak, in that interesting zone of a scenic bay and the open ocean, I'll give a part of him to the sea.

On a more joyous note... word has it that a certain German kayaker will join us for the annual KNL retreat, which is held on the north east coast over the long May 24 weekend. Girls, style'n black and doing some wild things in a sea kayak...can't wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Good for you - a wonderful gesture for your Father. As for the German... brace yourself, she's quite the lady! Do you know if Greg Stamer is coming with her?

11:37 p.m.  
Blogger Wendy Killoran said...

My condolences Jamie. It is a thoughtful gesture to sprinkle his ashes on a sunny day on the ocean.

How would he know, Michael? I told Jamie that Freya was coming. Do you think Freya is leaving Greg at home?

4:34 p.m.  
Blogger Douglas Wilcox said...

Jamie sorry to hear about your Dad. I am lucky, although my Dad is now 80 and Mum 78. Fortunately I live only 40 miles a way and can look by most weekends.

9:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home